Pro Wrestling Syndicate results (from last night)
Pro Wrestling Syndicate: Supercard 2012 took place in Rahway, New Jersey last night. The advertised main event was Matt Hardy vs Psycho Sid Vicious, but Sid missed his flight, apparently due to his wallet being stolen, so the promoter phoned him in the ring at the start of the show, and gave out was supposedly Sid’s phone number to the booing crowd.
Thoughts: How classy…
Jay Lethal was booked as Sid’s replacement.
Fall Count Anywhere: Balls Mahoney defeated Marty Janetty
Brett Gayika defeated CJ Esparza
Eddie Kingston defeated Kevin Matthews
PWS Tri-State Championship: Tony Nese retained against Alex Reynolds
Matt Hardy defeated Jay Lethal (as Psycho Sid)
Amazing Red won a 6 man match that also featured, AR Fox, Shiima Xion (Zema Ion), Gran Akuma, Devon Moore, Brian XL and Samuray Del Sol
One Warrior Nation defeated Smith James
PWS Tag Team Championship: The Lone Rangers (John Silver & Pat Buck) & The Powers Of Pain went to a no contest
Dan Maff defeated Jerry Lynn
Hardcore match: The Sheik defeated Masada
Thoughts: The card was loaded, I imagine this was a good show. If you attended, feel free to send a review to email@example.com and I’ll post it here.
Pro Wrestling Syndicate line up (Friday)
Psycho Sid Vicious vs Matt Hardy
PWS Heavyweight Championship: Sami Callihan (c) vs Colt Cabana
Jerry Lynn vs “The Boricua Beast” Dan Maff
Necro Butcher vs The Sheik with Abdullah The Butcher
The Lone Rangers vs The Powers Of Pain
Anthony Nese (c) vs Alex Reynolds
Eddie Kingston vs Kevin Matthews
Amazing Red vs AR Fox vs Gran Akuma vs Devon Moore vs Brian XL vs Shiima Xion (Zema Ion)
Brett Gakiya vs CJ Esparza
Reby Sky vs Brittney Savage vs Spyra Andover
Abdullah The Butcher, The Godfather, Marty Janetty, The Shockmaster, Angelina Love and Shelly Martinez will also be appearing.
Thoughts: A good balance of established wrestlers and indy stars, so this one should appeal to a wide audience. If you attend, be sure to send a review to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resistance Pro results (from last night)
Billy Corgan’s promotion Resistance Pro held their third show, Vicious Circle, in Chicago last night. Here are the results:
Triple Threat: Matt Cross won, vs Ricochet vs Mr 450
Steven Walters defeated The Sheik via DQ (Sheik refused to break the Camel Clutch after Walters reached the ropes)
Robert Anthony vs John Skyler (winner unknown)
Tag Team Tournament Match: Sugar Dunkerton & Aaron Epic defeated Dany Only & Eddie Graves
Note: Sugar D and Epic both have prisoner gimmicks, they’re led to the ring in shackles, then shackled back up after the match. By the way, I approve of the Misfits references in their opponents names.
Resistance Pro Women’s Championship: Melanie Cruise defeated Sassy Stephie
Jay Bradley defeated a couple of guys
The Rock N’ Roll Express defeated Kentucky Fried Buffet
Resistance Pro Heavyweight Championship: Harry Smith retained against Rhino
- After the match, Rhino wanted to keep going since he claimed it was a two out of three falls match. He offered to put his ECW world title on the line. Yes, you read that correctly. Billy Corgan came out and booked a Winner Takes All match for the next show.
Source - This great recap and review:
Thoughts: According to the review, the Rock N Roll Express were very impressive despite their age, and Harry Smith continued to get a John Cena esque reaction. A lot of people cheered for Steen over him at the last show, and Rhino here. I’d probably cheer for Steen and Rhino over Smith too.
I assume Rhino will win the title at the next show, since they can’t really declare Smith the ECW champion. I’m not disputing Rhino’s claim to the title though, it could be argued that the belt Rob Van Dam was awarded in 2006 was a new title altogether, just with the same name.
The review is well worth checking out, it’s a good insight into this new promotion.
Results from Resistance Pro (debut show)
The debut Resistance Pro show took place on Friday (the 25th) in Chicago. Here are the results (in chronological order, going down):
The Sheik defeated El Generico (R-Pro Title Tournament Semi Final)
Kyle O’Reilly & Tony Kozina defeated Hallowicked & Matt Classic
Jay Bradley defeated Icarus
The Briscoes defeated Teddy Hart & Gran Akuma
Melanie Cruz won a women’s match to become the women’s champion
Petey Williams won a triple threat (vs Colt Cabana vs Necro Butcher)
Kevin Steen and Harry Smith went to a draw (R-Pro Title Tournament Semi Final)
Due to the main event going to a draw, the champion will be decided in a triple threat match at the next show.
Thoughts: The show was apparently good, but marred by some cheap finishes, and a puzzling main event draw. From what I’ve read, the Briscoes, Teddy Hart and Gran Akuma stole the show. Jerome Cusson’s analysis over at PWponderings is well worth reading.
IWE rundown - All the news from the past week (10th - 17th)
* Episode 4 of Colt Cabana’s Creative Has Nothing For You was uploaded to Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR4rRUfz3RE&feature=channel_video_title
* The Young Bucks/Generation Me requested and subsequently received their release from TNA.
* The Sheik was stripped of the NWA World Championship after he informed the NWA he would not be able to attend his scheduled title defence against Adam Pearce later this month.
* Ring Of Honor announced that all three titles would be defended at their first set of TV tapings in August. Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas will defend the Tag Team titles against Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli, but the challengers for the World and TV titles are yet to be announced.
* The full card for EVOLVE 9 was announced. You can view it here: http://tumblr.com/xk33hhxg4q
* Kevin Steen announced that he will be appearing at EVOLVE 9 too. It looks like he will be turning up for a promo rather than a match.
* Tommaso Ciampa signed a contract with Ring Of Honor.
* Dragon Gate USA announced the next Open The Freedom Gate title match: YAMATO will defend against CIMA on September the 10th. The next Open The United Gate title match will see PAC and Masato Yoshino defending against Ricochet and a partner of his choice.
* More matches were announced for the next Chikara weekend. I forget which ones had been announced before this, so just check out the whole cards here :http://tumblr.com/xk33jss3p3
* The trailer was released for the DVD of my hometown promotion CRW: Rise Or Fall 2010: http://tumblr.com/xk33j3bir6
* Chavo Guerrero had a lot of criticism for John Cena. He needed to deliver this criticism to Cena so urgently that he didn’t have time to look up Cena’s phone number or email address from the contacts list on his phone, and had to post it all on Twitter.
* Colt Cabana was in the crowd at WWE’s Money In The Bank pay per view last night. He was seen on camera several times, most notably during the main event.
And to cap it all off, I want to say congratulations to CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. For anyone who doesn’t know, Punk won the WWE Championship on the night which was supposedly his last with the company, and the man formerly known as Bryan Danielson won a “Money In The Bank” Ladder match, guaranteeing him a future World title shot.
The Sheik stripped of NWA World Championship
As I posted on Twitter last night, the Sheik has been stripped of the NWA World Championship, due to not being available for a title defence this month against Adam Pearce. The Sheik currently holds the World Title in Zero 1 (in Japan), which there will be more on in PuroMania 2 (coming later today).
Thoughts: Maybe the payday for the title defence wasn’t worth coming back over from Japan? Assuming Sheik is still over there.